This year I have 2 mottos....You can have excuses or results, not
both.....and....Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.
However, I have to say that January is just another month for me. The
months just roll together with kids in school and all their
activities. I have been on a long journey of improving my health and
it just continues today. I will say that I just took my fasting blood
sugar and it was 119! It should be 80-100 and last year at this time
it was 104. So I am unhappy about that today but am seeing my
endocrinologist tomorrow. I don't officially have diabetes, but even
after all my "diet and exercise" changes over the past 4-5 years, and
losing almost 50 lbs, it looks as if I am heading down that path.
January in Utah is usually really pretty. The weather is around 32,
but the sun shines most of the time. I love the clean fresh white
snow of winter and we haven't received any lately. All in all, I
guess what I love most, or what I am most grateful for this month, is
sunny days, seeing my kids skiing with their dad, and the beginning of another year
trying to be better.

No comments: