BULK TRASH DAY

What in the world is Bulk Trash Day? Well, in Sandy, Utah....it's exactly that.  Once a year, the trash company will come along your street and collect any and all trash that you leave out.  This has been seen to include a hot tub cut into 6 pieces, the front end of a car, a toilet, chest of drawers, boxes, weeds, trees (both real and faux) washers, dryers, highchairs, mattresses, TV's, computers....you name it.  So, you basically save up all your "dump" items for your Bulk Day and then just dump it all on the street....












    







 









I was appalled by the state of our neighborhood, as people began placing their items out several weeks before the actual collection date. However, I didn't think to take these pictures until the day of the pick up.  These were just a few I could find on MY street, worth shooting!

This is probably a good thing, and keeps the neighborhood less "junky" except for a few weeks out of the year. People always plan to take things to the dump, but usually never get around to it.   I guess it's good to know that eventually, you can just throw everything away.

3 comments:

Mom said...

My favorite is the job description!!! The house looks beautiful, and the Bulk trash day loks to have been a big success. It is beautiful here in Colorado, and it is quite lonely without you guys here. I look forward to moving to Utah to be close to all of us, but I don't think it begins to compare in beauty to this wonderful place. We will leave f good friends and fabulous memories, lots including all of you. We realize how important it is to be close to family at this stage in our lives, and I am lucky to still have my parents and would like to spend whatever time I can with them. Love you all, Mom

Mom said...

Looks like I need to read what I write first before sending. Oops there are a few errors, oh well you get the drift!

Bonnie Tonita White said...

We are going to have our first trash day here in Calgary on Saturday and the stake meeting house will be the pick up/dump spot. We all wonder who gave the community association to do this but in a way what a great idea.