Georgia's Results!

Well, the tests all came back normal and so we were sent to Primary Children's Orthopedic clinic yesterday.  After many calls and annoyances, I persuaded them that Georgia needed to be seen ASAP and she could not wait another week.  We saw an awesome doctor who let Georgia kick him when things became too painful, and she took full advantage of that!  He opted for more x-rays and said she looks pretty good, not perfect, but not needing any kind of surgical treatment, etc.  What he did say, was that Georgia is suffering from Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve Spasms caused by any number of things.  This nerve runs through the pelvis in a "tunnel" that could be too small for the nerve, or the nerve could have somehow come out of the tunnel.  As such, when she is sitting and bending her hip, the nerve is becoming pinched, causing lots of pain that is not usually controlled with medicines like ibuprofen, etc.  The best option was to inject about 30cc's of cortisone into the nerve area and hope that helps.  Georgia is a brave little girl.  As I watched the medication fill up in a golf ball sized bubble on her hip, Georgia was almost tearless.  It was a very painful procedure and she did great.  We waited for 10 minutes, while Georgia massaged the area and the doc checked for improvement.  She is still on ibuprofen every 6 hours, but hopefully this will take full effect in a few days.  We are grateful to all the doctors who were quick to our requests and especially grateful that Georgia's ailments are not more serious or cause longterm injury.

3 comments:

spazzola said...

Yay! I've been wondering what the results are. I'm sad that I wasn't there for you or that you didn't call me to tell me you were having a nervous break down in the shower. I'm sooooooo glad everything is okay. See you in three days. Can't wait!!! Love Sharon P.S. You should feel really special because you are the only person whose blog I've read right off the bat instead of putting it in my blog folder to be read later when I get a minute. Which I never have.

meridethandrodmanlikes said...

Good to hear that Georgia is good. I didn't even know. I hope you are all recovering from all that it put you through. Sharon do you have a blog? I would love to see it. I would even look at it.

Rachel Freeman said...

I'm glad Georgia is alright! She's a brave little girl!