Gary Raddon, 1935-2008


After a short, yet horrible battle with CJD, my father-in-law, Gary Raddon died on July 29, 2008. Russ was at his side and said it was the perfect ending to the perfect life. I was so sad and relieved at the same time and yet it still seems so unreal. I cried that night and at the funeral, but not since....until I attended a charity event for St. Jude's Research Hospital. They had 3 songwriters/singers from Nashville come to entertain and help raise money. One of the guys sang a song about a boy fishing with his grandfather. He said the idea of the story came from a friend whose son died unexpectedly and was buried with his grandfather's tackle box. I was absolutely sobbing - my boys will never get or remember their fishing experiences with Gary, which was something he loved very much. He was such a fantastic man and will be missed - with all my heart. (Gary & Lynda pictured here with Walt, Cruz {Kelly's baby}, Macy, Grant & Georgia just one month before passing)

1 comment:

Kelly Frye said...

Thanks for your thoughts...you made me cry, but I have to remember Gary will always be watching over us....but I so wish he were here instead!!