A New Phone for Mom

Walty "accidentally" dropped my cell phone in the potty a few weeks ago. I have been meaning to write about it, but have not had the time. Anyway, I took it into the Verizon store to see about a new phone. I picked out the new "Envy", with all the accessories, gadgets, additional year contract, etc., for roughly $250. I asked if they could transfer my phonebook to the new phone. Low and behold, my old phone began to work. So they transferred the information, but I decided that if the phone was actually working now, I should probably just keep it. Well, suddenly I must have been the 1000000th customer, because I could receive all that I had wanted for a mere $145 plus a $50 rebate coupon. All in all, I spent $95 and didn't have to change my existing plan at all. What a RACKET! I guess the lesson learned is: price is always negotiable!

No comments: